When it comes to Blog, BlogSpot is the topmost free blogging platform but it comes with a limitation. Blogspot.com is a free Blogging platform but it has many Limitations. In this article How to take a backup of a blog on Blogspot? You will learn a lot about the blogger.
First is you can’t use own Domain name it allows you www.yourname.blogspot.com. But if you want www.yourname.com you can purchase it.
The second of the biggest limitations is Google owns the control of your blog and right to delete your blog. This only happens when you are using spamming and violate Blogspot TOS.
That is why one of the major reasons, every blogger suggests going for a self-hosted blogging platform in which you have all rights. I suggest you make a blog on blogger/Blogspot. When you start earning take it to a self-hosted WordPress blog.
Read our article about How to create a free blog on the Blogger
Why Backup is required?
Taking regular Backup of the blog (every data) is a good habit. Taking backup will ensure if anything wrong happened with your blog you have data to restore your data and blog posts. To avoid this major problem keep the backups save blog files on Google drive, dropbox, etc. So that you can asses it from anywhere.
- List of Top 5 Best Free Blogging Sites & Platforms In 2019 (Pros and Cons)
- How to start a blog and make money in 2019
- How to get the same name on all social media handles.
- What is the domain?
- Things to Do Before Applying for Google AdSense
Why You Should Save Your Blog
One simple, yet critical, reason: if you have a backup of your blog, it’s much easier to get back to blogging business in case of a calamity. A blog can be hacked, templates can mangle, some issues in ISP servers, or any other reason. Having backup recovered all things to normal.
Taking the backup of your blog
With the help of export feature in the BlogSpot, A blogger can take a complete backup of his posts, comments, etc. Your backup will export in.XML format. You can keep this file in the local drive of the desktop.
On Google Blogger, Your site data consists of two pieces that are necessary to create your blog. Blog content is your posts, pages, widgets, etc. These parts remain the same no matter how many times you change the theme.
How to backup of Blogspot
- Login to Blogger Dashboard
- Go to the settings than other
- At the top click on the Backup Content button
- A backup Content popup box appears after that Click on the Save button
- Name the file and save the file
- It will appear in the Download folder or you can change the saving path
- Do not forget to make a copy online in cloud storage
How to backup the Blogger Theme/Template
- Login to Blogger Dashboard
- Go to the Theme page. Click the Backup/Restore button at the top right
- The Backup/Restore popup box will appear
- Click on the Download theme button, Click on the Save button
- Name the file whatever name you want to choose
- Your file will be in the download folder of your computer or you can manually select the location. You can also upload this file online on Google drive
Where to Store Your Backup or Recovery Files?
Great! You take a backup of your Blogspot blog. Now where to store the file in Pc? Is it good to keep backup fila e in one place? What if harddrive got corrupt. You must keep a second copy of your blog backup file. But where to keep that file that I won’t get deleted. Here is the solution called cloud space to keep your files there.
Google another product also known as Google Docs. If you have a Gmail account you can asses free 15GB of storage space.
Dropbox is the second excellent cloud service. It also offers you free space or you can buy more space. You can keep your data there.
Amazon Cloud Drive
Amazon also offers 5Gb of free space just you need to sign in. Pay extra if you need more storage. Amazon is cheaper than Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Top 5 Tools to Check Website Traffic
- WordPress SEO for beginners Optimize your blog in 2019
- Top 10 Brands that are using WordPress sites in 2019
- Different Ways To Monetize a Blog
- How To Monetize Your WordPress Blog With Ads Network
- What are Backlinks in SEO And What are The Advantages of Backlinks?
I hope this article “How to take a backup of a blog on Blogspot?” helps you. Please share it and comment below.